Sunday, July 17, 2011

Should I hire an attorny to represent me at a child support hearing?

I am the mother of one child who is over 2 years old. The father does not want anything to do with her what so ever. She is over 2 and he has never seen her or even tried too. I've contacted him several times so he can see her however he blew her off. He has never given a single penny to help me support her aside from the $50 a month in court ordered support. I was on cash assistance when the order went into effect cuz I lost my job n had noway to provide for her myself. Times have changed and I have been workin over a year and I provide well for my daughter. I just think that the father helped bring her into this world and he needs to be providing more than 50 a month. He was workin part time when the order went into effect but now works fulltime and even overtime. He lies and say he doesn't make much. There were months when he didn't even pay the 50. Anyways, he is angry that I'm wanting more than 50 to care for his child. Also back when the 50 bucks was ordered he had an attorny with With him. Is that why he only paid 50? Or is it cuz he only made 500 a month or because I was on cash assistance? Does having an attorny benefit either party? Should I hire one and if so how much will cost me? And how much in support do you think ill collect? I'm a single mom struglging to care for my child and don't know what to expect. I'm not a crazy, lazy, drug addict or anything I'm just a simple good mom. Is there certain factors that determine the amount of support? I've heard up to 50% goes to kid or 20 to 30% I'm trying to find the correct answer. I live in pennsylvania if that makes a difference.Thanks to all who answer my question.

No comments:

Post a Comment